Re: [ontolog-forum] Toward Human-Level Artificial Intelligence

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 18:14:44 -0400
David,

I'm not at all sure that what you call unnatural language is unnatural at all.  Sure we invent acronyms, but
that seems a natural part of our communication (and cognition), just simplifying he signs to convey our intentions and understanding.
One may think of communication about what we consider real world objects rather than imaginary one, but the language used still might be natural in the exercise of communication.

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.
NSF INTEROP Project
SOCoP Executive Secretary
Independent Consultant