Re: [ontolog-forum] metaphysical context

To: rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard H. McCullough" <rhmccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, KR-language <kr-language@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richard S. Latimer" <rslatimer@xxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 23:24:53 -0500

On Apr 9, 2014, at 2:42 PM, Richard H. McCullough <rhmccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:    (01)

> This sounded kind of crazy when it first popped into my mind.
> But I think I've really got the right words this time.
>
> Class of all classes is okay, but it's not part of the physical context    (02)

Absolutely. Classes are not physical entities, of course. I'm not sure what you
mean by "context" here, though.    (03)

> which describes the entity-characteristic-proposition world
> external  to us.    (04)

So are propositions objects in the physical world? I find that very doubtful.
And what is a 'characteristic' if not a property or class?    (05)

>  It's part of the epistemology context which
> describes how our minds work.    (06)

Hmm. I would prefer to say that classes are Platonic. I don't see quite how a
mathematical entity can be said to be psychological.    (07)

Pat    (08)

>  In that context you can say
> things like
>
>            Class subClassOf Resource .
>            Resource subClassOf Class .
>            Class is Resource .
>
> But Class is a mental entity, not a physical entity.
> You will notice that Class does not appear anywhere in the
> CPS hierarchy of
>
>            http://ContextKnowledgeSystems.org/kb/spo.rdf.html
>
> Dick McCullough
> Context Knowledge Systems
> mKE and the mKR language
> mKR/mKE tutorial    (09)

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)
phayes@xxxxxxx       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (010)