Re: [ontolog-forum] Schema.org v1.0e published: Order schema, Accessibil

To: Aaron Bradley <aaranged@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "public-lod@xxxxxx" <public-lod@xxxxxx>, Public Vocabs <public-vocabs@xxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Dan Brickley <danbri@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 10:10:41 +0000
On 4 December 2013 23:07, Aaron Bradley <aaranged@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Swell stuff!
>
> Are there plans to bring the previously published draft specification on the
> Google Developer site [1] in line with this new specification on schema.org?
>
> Properties only on schema.org:
> confirmationNumber
> discount / discountCode / discountCurrency
> isGift
> orderedItem
> paymentDue / PaymentMethod / PaymentMethodID / paymentUrl
>
> Properties only on Google Developer:
> price / priceCurrency / priceSpecification
>
> As well - and probably the most noticable difference - the Google version
> uses the property seller instead of the schema.org property merchant.
>
> Because the earlier version exists on Google Developer I know this is
> chiefly a Google-esque issue, but insofar as there's now published version
> of schema.org/Order *on* schema.org, it would obviously be mutually
> advantageous if the seller/merchant property nomenclature was normalized -
> perhaps it's in the works.    (01)

As a first step we'll get a link from the google work-in-progress docs
to the final finished thing. I can't say for sure how long until
various Google products understand the new vocabulary, although
Google's Structured Data Testing Tool should at least already not
complain when it sees new (v1.0d, v1.0e) terms. Work in progress!    (02)

Dan    (03)