Re: [ontolog-forum] DBpedia as Tables release

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:01:09 -0500
On 11/28/13 4:03 AM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
Hello Kingsley,

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 04:46:58PM -0500, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
From my vantage point, the number of SQL RDBMS tables produced by this
dump should go some way to shedding light on SQL RDBMS limitations in a
world where observations change at an ever increasing rate .
Maybe it also sheds light on the limitations of RDF in a similar way ?
Like: Having information about 530 different things in one document/database
is not equal to having made sense of it.

Making sense of the data is all about the engine processing the data. It really has little to do with the document containing the data bar:

1. document accessibility via a URL
2. use of identifiers (ideally HTTP URIs) in the triples that represent entity relations
3. metadata describing the doc (e.g., provenance data).

BTW -- I don't equate a document to a database. I see a database as a collection of documents where each of these documents contain statements that represent entity relationships and relations.

Back to my fundamental point, the number of SQL RDBMS tables in this DBpedia dump, and their structure (3rd normal form) speaks for itself re., an inherent inability to deal with every changing observations on a level that matches contemporary agility requirements for end-users :-)

Kingsley

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

Regards,