Re: [ontolog-forum] "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series session-6 - O

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John McClure <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 08:53:47 -0800
Thank you for hosting the panel.  Much appreciated and benefitted from
the SBVR presentations while disappointed by the stale REA
presentations. Claiming to present a comprehensive economics model
crafted from a so-called "independent view", I expected to see included
minor details like public goods, regulations and externalities. Instead
the enterprise-centric, libertarian model I saw is the exact same 1900s
perspective which has lead in my opinion to a state of pathetic and
crumbling infrastructure amidst an environment that is treated like an
open sewer. In other words I'd suggest it's past time to model other
forms of enterprise accounting than just those approved by accounting
boards. Enterprises must stop ignoring both the benefits their economic
transactions accrue from their use of public goods ('the commons') as
well as the costs their transactions impose on the public.
/jmc    (01)