Re: [ontolog-forum] Dennett on the Darwinism of Memes

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:17:47 -0400
FWIW,    (01)

Gods and Pegasus are ontologized in Cyc.    (02)

Everything except instance of (#$isa), subclass of (#$genls), and
comments have been removed from OpenCyc, but there you find
first for Pegasus:
Individual : Pegasus
Mt : UniversalVocabularyMt
isa :   [Mon]Individual    (03)

Mt : GreekMythologyMt
isa :   [Def]WhiteColor [Mon]Horse    (04)

Mt : UnitedStatesSocialLifeMt
isa :   [Mon]MythologicalThing    (05)

Mt : GreekMythologyMt
comment : [Mon]"Pegasus is a winged horse in Greek mythology."    (06)

Note that you need to do inter-context reasoning.    (07)

There are a number of individual instances of the class, God, in
different Cyc contexts.  For the class, God, OpenCyc has:    (08)

Collection : God
Mt : UniversalVocabularyMt
isa :   [Mon]FirstOrderCollection    (09)

Mt : GreekMythologyMt
isa :   [Mon]OrganismClassificationType    (010)

Mt : UniversalVocabularyMt
genls :         [Mon]Agent-NonArtifactual [Mon]DivineBeing
comment :       [Mon]"The class of supernatural beings generally supposed to be
(a) all-powerful (or more powerful than other classes of divinities within
the same religious/folkloric tradition), and (b) immortal (or nearly so,
for all practical purposes)."    (011)

Mt : EnglishMt
prettyString :  "deities" "gods" "god"
prettyString-Canonical :        "deity"    (012)

Mt : (MappingMtFn DBPediaTripleStore)
rdfURI :        [Inf]"http://dbpedia.org/resource/God";    (013)

Mt : (ContextOfPCWFn (OWLOntologyFn
"http://www.w3.org/2006/03/wn/wn20/instances";))
seeAlsoURI :
        [Inf]"http://www.w3.org/2006/03/wn/wn20/instances/synset-deity-noun-1";    (014)

Mt : (ContextOfPCWFn Wikipedia-WebSite)
wikipediaArticleName :  [Def]"God"
wikipediaArticleURL :   [Def]"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God";    (015)

Mt : ChristianityMt
[Mon](isa JesusChrist God)
[Mon](isa GodTheFather God)    (016)

Mt : GreekMythologyMt
[Mon](isa Leto-TheTitaness God)
[Mon](isa Eos-TheTitaness God)
[Mon](isa Atlas-TheTitan God)
[Mon](isa Prometheus-TheTitan God)
[Mon](isa Crius-TheTitan God)
[Mon](isa Tethys-TheTitaness God)
[Mon](isa Phoebe-TheTitaness God)
[Mon](isa Oceanus-TheTitan God)
[Mon](isa Thia-TheTitaness God)
[Mon](isa Themis-TheTitaness God)
[Mon](isa Mnemosyne-TheTitaness God)
[Mon](isa Iapetus-TheTitan God)
[Mon](isa Hyperion-TheTitan God)
[Mon](isa Dione-TheTitaness God)
[Mon](isa Coeus-TheTitan God)
[Mon](isa Rhea-TheTitaness God)
[Mon](isa Gaia-TheGoddess God)
[Mon](isa Uranus-TheGod God)
[Mon](isa Poseidon-TheGod God)
[Mon](isa Persephone-TheGoddess God)
[Mon](isa Kronos-TheTitan God)
[Mon](isa Hestia-TheGoddess God)
[Mon](isa Hermes-TheGod God)
[Mon](isa Zeus God)
[Mon](isa Apollo-God God)
[Mon](isa Athena-TheGoddess God)
[Mon](isa Aphrodite-TheGoddess God)
[Mon](isa Ares-TheGod God)
[Mon](isa Artemis-TheGoddess God)
[Mon](isa Demeter-TheGoddess God)
[Mon](isa Dionysus-TheGod God)
[Mon](isa Hades-TheGod God)
[Mon](isa Hebe-TheGoddess God)
[Mon](isa Hephaestus-TheGod God)
[Mon](isa Hera-TheGoddess God)    (017)

Mt : Judeo-ChristianMt
[Mon](isa GodOfAbrahamIsaacAndJacob God)
[Mon](isa Baal God)
[Mon](isa GodTheSon God)    (018)

Mt : RomanMythologyMt
[Def](isa Trajan-RomanEmperor God)
[Def](isa Augustus-EmperorOfRome God)
[Mon](isa Venus-TheGoddess God)
[Mon](isa Cupid God)
[Mon](isa Janus-TheGod God)    (019)

Mt : (ContextOfPCWFn Pentateuch)
[Mon](isa GodOfAbrahamIsaacAndJacob God)    (020)

-- doug foxvog    (021)