Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology for Gun Control

To: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 17:58:36 -0700 (PDT)
 Leo,

I respect and appreciate you response.

However law & policy and technology  sometimes are like chicken and egg situation.  Most of the technologies emerge, and Government has to make new  law and polices to  addressed all that with political lobbying  as after thought.   We have seen such scenarios  in internet or Web related technologies all the time.  Probably we can change that by showing  proof of concept with sound thinking in these forums,  with collaboration, probably  government can lobby better using such concepts to create law and policy and address standards ahead of time to support emerging technology ???

Hold the thought for few days ...
Thanks,
Pavithra