Unfortunately, I think we need to lobby Congress politically, with a whole lot of money. Persuasion is what is needed, not ontological representation. Good
From: ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Pavithra
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology for Gun Control
I think we should develop Ontology for Gun Control policy. That would help our society to reduce violence. and put this forum for some good use.
These are my ideas: (These are first cut at the requirements)!
- We should have policy to support the following :
- People should have background check, and obtain Gun operation permit to operate a Gun
- People should have permit & registration to own a gun.
- Gun owners should have insurance, in case of misuse to cover the victims and NRA should be partly responsible for it.
- Gun Manufactures should have a Gun identification number inscribed to each GUN ( Like VIN for vehicles GIN for Guns). They can use smart chip to do so as well.
- Government should create an agency or part of an agency to handle Gun ownerships similar to DMV, to maintain, registration info about Guns and owners, permits, background checks and insurance.
For future Technology Solutions ..
- Gun Manufactures should use smart chip to capture owners bio metrics and GUN Id and there should be private Key and Public key policy to operate the guns. So Smart Chip can verify the owners biometrics
before letting the gun fire, ( private key stuff) and only law authority should have access to public keys to lock the guns in case of crime or illegal usage.
- To do this you do not need a smart chip, Law Authorities can use mechanical remote locking like in cars, using public keys to stop the guns from firing.
- If we have smart chip capability, Law agencies should be provided with technological ability to trace the guns using smart chips and read the information off of it remotely and to help control gun usage to stop criminal activities ??
.. we can collaborate and refine such ideas for the ontology and help law makers ??
Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/
Config Subscr: http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/ontolog-forum/
Shared Files: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki/
To join: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid1J (01)