Re: [ontolog-forum] Natural Language based SPARQL Generator

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 16:16:53 +0100

Hello Kingsley,    (01)

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 09:43:31AM -0500, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Google, Bing, and others are silos. I am in the business of silo-busting
> via Web architecture and open standards. I am most interested in a
> global distributed database (offering equal billing to extensional and
> intensional functionality) where hyperlinks are super keys that resolve
> to entity relationship graphs endowed with machine and human
> comprehensible entity relationship semantics.    (02)

A database that can only be explored via cryptic primary keys is of limited
use - even if the entities are connected via those keys. This is the reason
Google has been so successful. The reason that Google is still very successful
is that they are doing such a good job that a buch of geeks with distributed
hash tables is not able to beat them. One of the problems those geeks are
facing is fighting spam in a distributed environment. Maybe WebID has a future
there...    (03)

Regards,    (04)

Michael Brunnbauer    (05)

--