Re: [ontolog-forum] Conceptual objects (WAS: NULLs and 3+1 vs. 4D ontolo

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 22:47:32 -0000
Dear Ed,    (01)

In my experience the word concept is used by two groups of people in
different ways. One of them is the way that you define concept, the other
one is what I called "mental concept" below. Personally I try to avoid the
word since I think concept as you  defined it is equivalent to class, and
mental concept is just a representation in the brain, which I'm sure is
valid, but not very useful because it cannot be shared, only something
produced as a result of it (some spoken or written words for example) can
actually be shared.    (02)

Regards    (03)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 1489 880185
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
Skype: dr.matthew.west
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (04)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (05)

Systems