Re: [ontolog-forum] Webby objects

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 07:52:31 -0800

Many of the things JFS has been saying in this topic thread relate to the separation of ontology from practice in IT.  I just read this Atlantic article on how imagined design is separated from practice in production.  It has a lot of analogous findings that may be more easily understood by ontologists in factory terms than in IT terms:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/12/the-insourcing-boom/309166/?single_page=true

HTH,

-Rich

Sincerely,