Re: [ontolog-forum] [SMW-devel] [News] Google, Microsoft, Facebook And O

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:13:15 -0400
  }}
  It is very important to note that the first argument is a property
  pointing from the object, to the page"    (01)

 For example, the page called "United States" in its listing of presidents
and vice-presidents would include the following six presidencies:    (02)

     {{#set_internal:Is president of|Has name=John Quincy Adams
     |Has start year=1825|Has end year=1829|
     Has vice president=John Calhoun}}
     {{#set_internal:Is president of|Has name=Andrew Jackson
     |Has start year=1825|Has end year=1829|
     Has vice president#list=John Calhoun,<none>,Martin Van Buren}}
                      ; How is the gap stated?
     {{#set_internal:Is president of|Has name=Grover Cleveland
     |Has start year=1885|Has end year=1889|Has vice
     president#list=Thomas Hendricks, <none>}}
     {{#set_internal:Is president of|Has name=Grover Cleveland
     |Has start year=1893|Has end year=1897|
     Has vice president=Adlai Stevenson}}
     {{#set_internal:Is president of|Has name=George Bush
     |Has start year=1989|Has end year=1993|
     Has vice president=Daniel Quayle}}
     {{#set_internal:Is president of|Has name=George Bush
     |Has start year=2001|Has end year=2009|
     Has vice president=Richard Cheney}}    (03)

This system gives names of people holding various roles (president
of the United States, vice president of president of the united states)
at various times.  It does not indicate that the two vice presidents
named "John Calhoun" (or the two presidents named "Grover
Cleveland") are the same man, or that the two presidents named
"George Bush" are different men.    (04)

-- doug foxvog    (05)