Re: [ontolog-forum] Accommodating legacy software

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Andries van Renssen" <andries.vanrenssen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 12:18:37 +0200
If we really want to achieve that systems talk a common language for
interoperability and data integration, then we should develop and use a kind of
Formal English (and other formal natural language variants) in which the
semantic rules of the formal language are defined. This requires a managed
formal dictionary-taxonomy.     (01)

Such a Formal English should also provide a universal Formal Language structure
that can be used as a universal data structure to harmonize and integrate
industrial databases.    (02)

An example of such a language is as Gellish English
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gellish_English).    (03)

But that might be too disruptive.
Andries    (04)