Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology of Commands

To: <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 16:26:38 -0400
Doug -
   The Cyc representation of 'Order' (command) as you present it makes
sense, particularly regarding the point that an Order creates an Obligation
only if the Ordering agent has authority to create an Obligation.
   But I am curious about one facet of 'Obligation' -
     As I have interpreted it, nothing is an 'obligation' unless there is
some negative consequence for not fulfilling the obligation - which also
implies some Authority that can create the Obligation and enforce it.  But I
don't see any negative consequences in the list of aspects of Obligation
that you list.  Are there any in the Cyc representation?    (01)

  (Of course, the negative consequences and the Authority determine the type
of Obligation)    (02)

Pat    (03)

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA Inc.