Re: [ontolog-forum] metaphysis, semantics and the research program of on

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:02:22 -0700

Dear Ronald,

After reading your paper “”, I found the STDB description to be very interesting, and possibly very effective in developing semantic systems.  It appears that every entity in your semantic model has the structure of what you call a “Surrogate”:

It appears that a single table (SurrogateS) with all Surrogates could have entries for all object TYPES or CLASSES (where the authorities are the type constructors) and also object INSTANCES (where the authorities might be the callers of the type constructors).

In particular, I like your mapping of common English temporal words such as “while” into straightforward database operations that can be triggered by reasoners:

Do you see the Measur ontology approach as well suited to English logical processing, as in controlled English programs?  Have you worked on English speaking or Q&A programs that could map that kind of database representation into more conversational English?

Your progress in that direction might be enlightening; please share it with us.

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com