Re: [ontolog-forum] Nonmonotonic Reasoning

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 19:12:47 +0000
You might look at:     (01)

Dantsin, E., Eiter, T., Gottlob, G., and Voronkov, A. 2001. Complexity and
expressive power of logic programming. ACM Comput. Surv. 33, 3, 374-425.    (02)

This doesn't cover Answer Set Programming (which is logic programming but
different than Prolog), which allows for both strong negation (stable model
semantics) and negation as (finite) failure.    (03)

Baral, Chitta. 2003. "Complexity, Expressiveness, and other Properties of
AnsProlog* Programs.." Knowledge Representation, Reasoning, and Declarative
Problem Solving. Ch. 6. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, UK. 278-344.
There is also "constructive negation" (intuitionistic negation), which is not
classical, but is often used in logic programming/constraint logic programming.    (04)

Also, for more general expressiveness complexity, see:
http://people.cs.umass.edu/~immerman/descriptive_complexity.html.     (05)