Re: [ontolog-forum] Nonmonotonic Reasoning

To: cmenzel@xxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:04:49 -0400
Hi Chris,

You wrote  The validity (equivalently, consistency) problem for classical propositional logic is already NP-complete.

Sure, 3-SAT etc.

But the implicit baseline here is roughly speaking SQL, or Horn-Clause+NAF.

Now replace that with *classical* negation plus a 2nd order clause to simulate NAF.

I'm guessing the computational complexity increases.

                      Cheers,  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering