Re: [ontolog-forum] What goes into a Lexicon?

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:33:41 +0100

Hallo John,    (01)

I agree that there should be something like "OWL-FOL" for those who want
more expressiveness.    (02)

But I don't see the semantic web as a possible way to realize the vision of
CYC - at least not in the medium term. The immediate payoff of the semantic web
will be from systems with semantics coded into the sourcecode - not from
general purpose reasoning systems with semantics coded in the data.    (03)

Regards,    (04)

Michael Brunnbauer    (05)

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer