Re: [ontolog-forum] If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 13:09:04 -0500
On 12/7/11 12:42 PM, AzamatAbdoullaev wrote:
> It's plain, this "classification system", even as designed by the commercial
> principle, " be simpler, and the web masses will follow you", needs to be
> completely reworked due to its unreal schema regardless that "Search engines
> including Bing, Google, Yahoo! and Yandex rely on this markup..." or, may
> be, because of that....    (01)

It doesn't need to be reworked. In a Web of Linked Data reworking is
part of the natural progression. Good data finds better data,
eventually, courtesy of links.    (02)

We are just in the early days, that's all.    (03)

IMHO. links to solutions (as I sent to you in my last post) are the way
forward. Endless debates, will not drive desired progression. Products
and services are the key inflection mechanisms in this burgeoning realm.    (04)

One can be a neat but still work with the scruffy, even if one pretends
to be scruffy, if need be :-)    (05)

Regards,    (07)

Kingsley Idehen
Founder&  CEO