Re: [ontolog-forum] How determine the instances of this concept?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 12:03:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, October 6, 2011 3:40, Matthew West said:
> Dear Joel Luis,    (01)

> How about this.    (02)

> SF = Sedimentary Facies
>
> R= Rock    (03)

> Each SF is an R
> Each SF is a proper part of some R
> Each SF has a boundary
> Each boundary that is a boundary of an SF is visible    (04)

Wouldn't SF have a boundary with the part of R that is not
also part of SF?    (05)

This does not indicate that SF is visually different from
the rest of R.    (06)

SF would be a "connected proper part" of R, not just a proper part.    (07)

> Regards    (08)

> Matthew West
>
> Information  Junction
>
> Tel: +44 1489 880185
>
> Mobile: +44 750 3385279
>
> Skype: dr.matthew.west
>
>  <mailto:matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>  <http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/>
> http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
>
>  <http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/> http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/
>

> This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
> and Wales No. 6632177.
>
> Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
> Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.

doug foxvog    doug@xxxxxxxxxx   http://ProgressiveAustin.org    (010)

"I speak as an American to the leaders of my own nation. The great
initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to stop it must be ours."
    - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.