Re: [ontolog-forum] IBM Watson on Jeopardy

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Vincent Wright <Vincent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 20:08:29 -0500
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 3:23 PM, John F. Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/12/2011 9:53 AM, Anders Tell wrote:
> By training the system too hard, the system becomes very good
> at explaining the past but poor at predicting the future.

That is also true of people.  As the saying goes, generals are
very good at fighting the last war, but not the current one.

I'm sorry but, though that's a cute saying,I don't buy it one bit.

If that saying were true, there'd be ZERO national security - for any country.

There are lots of sayings among us which should be relegated to the past - and left there - where they belong...

Thanks, and Keep STRONG!!
+Vincent Wright,