Re: [ontolog-forum] Fw: Presentism etc

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ian Bailey" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:00:23 -0000
Hi Rich,    (01)

The ontologies that use 4D are quite commercially focussed, so they don't
tend to advertise the fact. The term "4D Ontology" sounds a bit too sci-fi
for most commercial folks. It seems to work, though it does take a while to
shift your thinking into 4D. Once you've flipped though, there's no going
back. Everything else looks primitive in comparison.    (02)

Now I understand what is meant by 3D+1, I think Pat is correct that most
(maybe all) 3D+1 ontologies could be converted to 4D, but they would have to
follow pretty strict criteria for identity if the conversion is to be
automated. I'm not sure the reverse mapping would offer as many
opportunities for automation.     (03)

Ian    (04)