Re: [ontolog-forum] Presentism etc

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Conklin, Don" <don.conklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 16:01:47 -0500
As a mere mortal who is interested in this discussion, permit me to playback
what I think I've heard and see if I have it right. The example I will use is
me.    (01)

3D- describes all my physical attributes (dimensions, mass, appearance on
various wavelengths, etc.) By definition this is at a point (slice) of time.    (02)

3D+1-add to the 3D model timestamps each attribute(s) of interest, for a point
(slice) in time. This requires a query to address time or else all timestamps
and attributes without timestamps are returned.     (03)

4D- I am the eddy in the wave. Within my eddy I am a constant, right until the
wave wipes me out, when I revert to a fluent (?). The wave, being part of the
ocean, eventually suffers the same fate. Time is an integral part of my being
and the status of all attributes are correct for whatever time is of interest.     (04)

Is this correct?    (05)

Don    (06)