Re: [ontolog-forum] Quote for the day -- KR and KM

To: <pcmurray2000@xxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:03:22 -0800

Phil,

That was excellently summarized, and I agree; what management thinks is knowledge in textual resources is most often wasted, and the ontological aspects are at best secondary in importance to the context.  But that context, through computer assisted analysis, can calculate a de facto ontology that fits the database’s actual contents.

A clear example is the USPTO patent database, which provides valuable text structure in a well edited database containing both structured columns and unstructured text columns.  The technical knowledge in that database is valuable, and could use such analysis as described in

            http://www.englishlogickernel.com/Patent-7-209-923-B1.PDF

But I disclose that my self interest is involved in suggesting it.

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com