Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: [New post] The Newest from SOA: The SOA Ontolog

To: "'Patrick Durusau'" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chris Partridge <partridge.csj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 15:34:47 -0000
Patrick,    (01)

I think we may be agreeing then (I hope so).     (02)

> The limitation of ontology work to logic. They are not co-extensive.
> Ontology being a much broader field than logic.    (03)

I would agree, as I said earlier.
> > > merely a good grounding in formal logic by itself is insufficient to
> > > build up the competence to avoid these kinds of errors - hence ChrisM's
> long list.    (04)

My original comment below was intended to make a similar point.

I hope you don't have problems with Chris's original point that there is a
pervasive and mistaken idea that building quality ontologies doesn't require
any sort of level of ontological awareness, just a clear head, a bit of common
sense, and a copy of Protégé. (ChrisM hope you don't think my edits have
obscured your message.)    (06)

Hope you have a good day too.    (07)

Chris    (08)