Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: [New post] The Newest from SOA: The SOA Ontolog

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Michael Gruninger <mudcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:01:14 -0500

Hi Chris,
this example is not so clear-cut, since there it is possible
to interpret these statements within a process ontology
such as PSL:    (01)

 • Jack and John are instances of Actor
 • Task is an subclass of Activity
 • WashWindows is an instance of Task
 • PushWashButton is an instance of Task
 • there is an occurrence of WashWindows done by John
 • there is an occurrence of PushWashButton done by Jack    (02)

Admittedly, there is no explicit process ontology in the original
example that employs the distinction between activities and their
occurrences, but my point is that there is no need to
say that WashWindows and PushWashButton are classes.    (03)

- michael    (04)

Quoting Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>:    (05)