Re: [ontolog-forum] Copyright in Taxonomies: Leading case in US law (ADA

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 22:01:59 +0300

"Can you point me to a ?classification *system*? that is not human-created?"

At this forum, we have to learn to tell that there are just ideas and scientific ideas, there are "folk" taxonomies, ontologies, classifications and real world ontology with genuine taxonomies and actual classifications.
I am a bit alarmed with so bare constructivist drift on this thread, when each is free to have his idiosyncratic version of the truth determined by his individual background, culture, knowledge, and worldview.
All of human history  is a sequence of hard attempts to reach true representations/theoretical models of world's structures, patterns and laws. The martyrs of science had sacrificed there lives for the consistent with reality world views we enjoy/capitalize now. The astronomical facts that the universe is an infinite space/time, governed by the same physical laws, that all stars are suns having their planetary systems, cost Jordano Bruno, philosopher, mathematician, and astronomer, his life by suffering a cruel and unusual punishment, to be burned at the stake as a heretic (victims took over 2 hours to die). Even "the farther of modern science", Galileo could not escape the social punishment for the evidence of the heliocentric model of the solar system, implying that all the planets exhibit the phases similar to the Moon. After 4 hundred years, many of us still might be unaware why Venus looks so different :).
In this world, nothing costs so much but REAL truths/facts/laws/models/theories/classifications.
Azamat Abdoullaev