Re: [ontolog-forum] RIF vs Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:17:23 -0400
Hi Pavithra,

Good questions.

Not only is there overlap between OWL and Rules, but there's some question about what the extra conceptual complexity of OWL buys us.

Please see for example:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-dev/2010OctDec/0018.html

and later posts in the same thread.

                            Cheers,  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering