Re: [ontolog-forum] HOL decidability [Was: using SKOS forcontrolled valu

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:25:21 -0700

Here is a little more of the unindexable logic kind:

From http://www.amazon.com/Unconscious-Infinite-Sets-Bi-logic-Maresfield/dp/1855752026/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286932010&sr=8-1

Unconscious logic underlies the language of poetry, dreams, jokes, propaganda, racism, advertisement, religion, and figures of speech. This Alice in Wonderland logic is generated by the Unconscious mind by the mechanisms of condensation, displacement, symbolization, concretization and hallucinations. This logic was conceptualized by Freud as the primary process and by Matte Blanco as symmetrical logic.

The other half, the Conscious, is where instinctual energy is transduced into factually based logic that attempts to keep us from being eaten alive by our fellow carnivores. This Aristotelian logic is generated by our conscious mind; Freud conceptualized this as the secondary process and Matte Blanco as asymmetrical logic.

The Unconscious mind has a logic that is depended on similarities being equal, or what Von Domarus called "predicate identification." The mathematician, Dedekind, stated that a set is infinite if subsets of itself can be put to a one to one correspondence with itself. In other words, a part is equal to the whole. This is Von Domarus' predicate identification. This is the basis of Unconscious logic. It is not irrational it is non-rational.

Eerie, huh?

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper