Re: [ontolog-forum] using SKOS for controlled values for controlled voca

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, pcmurray2000@xxxxxxxxx
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:44:00 -0700 (PDT)
Well Dr. Sowa's explanation about FOL, SOL. HOL in context of Set theory is very clear.. ( It establishes the subset relationships between them in a clear manner..   ( for all those Dr. Sowa's fans in this group..) .  But FOL, SOL, HOL are abstract representation that allows grouping of elements  and  relationships.  Set Theory is the basis for Entity Relation and Object Oriented  notations as well..  All these are tools to represent information, using the rules  from the real world.  ( natural and made up ones like policy etc ).   But still they are tools as Leo Obrst said. ( But mathematical logic alone does not explain everything in the universe, one needs to include science and other disciplines..)
 ( But,  I am a supporter of set theory , it is easy to remember )  ! It is a required course for CS 101 level too...

By 'logic' Wittgenstein meant "the study of everything subject to rules" (TLP 6.3). And the rules for using our language -- including the rules of sense and nonsense -- he called 'grammar'.

So linguists and Computer Science and other disciples have different kind of logic to deal with ..

I think that may be cause for difference in thinking and all the arguments

Regards,
Pavithra