Re: [ontolog-forum] using SKOS for controlled values for controlled voca

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:19:45 -0700 (PDT)
LO
>I don't think that NL *is* logic, or ontology *is* logic. I think that logic and mathematics, >i.e., formalization, is one of our best tools for advancing understanding about phenomena >of the world.

I think that is the best observation that I read today in this forum.

I think that this universe is a phenomena, and there is natural truth ( facts) in the universe the way it is.
Science, math and all the other subjects are used to explain the" truth" or facts of the universe. Language is used to capture that in a written/ readable format using these categorized disciplines and further use the existing knowledge of the universe to project future behavior.

Language itself is a discipline, that uses logic in the form of grammar ?   ( Isn't grammar the logic of the language? The verbs and the nouns and what should follow what?? )

I do agree people have developed interoperable entities and objects and data structures or data stores and programs and dlls and API  that can be reused ..  If we have them what are we doing here now?  ( the data and the data stores and metadata with some semantics with it...)

Please continue, this has been an interesting reading..

Pavithra