Re: [ontolog-forum] using SKOS for controlled values for controlled voca

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 15:59:44 -0400
On 10/8/2010 10:42 AM, Ken Laskey wrote:
> I was surprised that the SKOS examples I found on the Web don’t mention
> this.  Am I missing something fundamental?    (01)

SKOS is a small subset of OWL stated in a different notation.    (02)

OWL is a small subset of first-order logic stated in a different notation.    (03)

First-order logic is a small subset of English stated in a different
notation.    (04)

If you can't state clearly in English exactly what you want to do,
none of those other notations will help you.    (05)