Re: [ontolog-forum] commercial products

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:21:04 -0700 (PDT)
Even though giving  a link to  commercial products may be not permitted here,   I have a point to make...

If you try those visual thesaurus product,  for each word that I typed there were at least 8 - 24 meanings or ways of usage..

That just tells me,  that most of the words in English language is used in many different ways.

The presentation  "An OOR Implementation for COLORE "  ( on 9/10)   on Kojeware on slide 7 there was a reference for URN and resolution..   as follows.. ( with other things)

Universal Resource Names (URNs)
URN resolution requires more consideration

With so many different ways of referencing the same words, the resolution can get a little tough.  May be that is why they should use URI, more so because URN can be  URI too..
URI would give more of a granularity or clarity to the usage of the words..

My two sense to on this issue.. (  However the visual thesuraus is a nice looking product, no offense to Peter, pardon me... )

Pavithra