Re: [ontolog-forum] commercial products

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "deddy" <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 20:12:06 -0400
John -    (01)

> >On 10/2/2010 3:43 PM, terry.longstreth wrote:
> >If we can't do a peer review without paying a fee, I for one won't have
> >have anything to do with it.
>
> I'll do a peer review:
>
> I tried typing two words into the Visual Thesaurus, but it cut me off
> at the third because I had exceeded the limit of their free trial.
>    (02)

Clarification of the components in play here.    (03)

WordNet is the "database"  ...open source from Princeton
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/    (04)

VisualThesaurus is a $40 desktop "dictionary/thesaurus" using WordNet + the
ThinkMap API/display software product.    (05)

VisualThesaurus is a nifty display of really ugly WordNet content.    (06)