Re: [ontolog-forum] Triangles and Meanings

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rick Murphy" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Avril Styrman" <Avril.Styrman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:40:21 +0300
Dear all,    (01)

now that you talk again about triads, I want to ask that does anybody
have objections to the following use of Peirce's triads.    (02)

-Masses of planets A and B are both individual firstnesses.    (03)

-The gravitational force that acts between between A and B is an
individual secondness.    (04)

-The law of gravitation is thirdness. Thirdness can be called
universal, because it can be found everywhere, at least on the scale
of compact stellar objects.    (05)

I think that this is a good example of how Peirce's triads can be
applied. Any objections?    (06)

Avril    (07)

Lainaus "Rick Murphy" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:    (08)

> On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 19:32 -0500, Christopher Menzel wrote:
>> On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 19:56 -0400, Jon Awbrey wrote:
>> > Rick,
>> >
>> > ...a lot of confusion can be avoided if we keep this distinction and
>> > associated facts in mind.
>>
>> As the kids say (and as seems especially appropriate): Word!  Would that
>> your sage advice were actually to be heeded in this forum.
>
> Apparently, when our science fails, all we have left is just words.
>
>> Chris Menzel
>>

> --
> Rick

Always forward towards the supreme maxim of scientific philosophizing    (010)