Re: [ontolog-forum] Patent application for using a formal ontology in NL

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:03:47 -0400
Ed,    (01)

We should also keep in mind that just having a patent, defensible or
not, is often sufficient to obtain licensing commitment.    (02)

This recent experience can also serve us to be as open as we can with
our developments, in order to establish prior art.    (03)

-John Bottoms
  FirstStar
  Concord, MA    (04)