Re: [ontolog-forum] Patent application for using a formal ontology in NL

To: edbark@xxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Simon Buckingham Shum <sbs@xxxxxxx>
From: Jack Park <jackpark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:10:01 -0700
My experience suggests this: prior to 2000, people at The Open
University UK, including Simon Buckingham Shum, were hatching a
project known as ScholOnto, which defined many of the vocabulary
elements specified in this patent. That project evolved to become the
platform Cohere [1] in which you will find those same elements in use
for many of the reasons claimed in the patent.    (01)

Jack
[1] http://cohere.open.ac.uk/    (02)