Re: [ontolog-forum] language and thinking

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Toby Considine" <Toby.Considine@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:58:30 -0400
Well, there are feelings and tastes that I have no words for, but I think
they are outside the scope.    (01)

To me, I thought immediately of the experiences of my sister teaching in
inner-city Albany in the 80's, and how well the book reviewed in the link
resonated with her at the time...    (02)

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/19/books/books-of-the-times-696487.html     (03)

It speaks how language that handles relationships between things in
imprecise ways makes learning Math harder...    (04)

tc    (05)

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well" - Peter Drucker    (06)

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar
TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee    (07)

Email: Toby.Considine@xxxxxxxxx
Phone: (919)619-2104
http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com    (08)