Re: [ontolog-forum] CLIF as a sorted logic?

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Rick Murphy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:01:11 -0400
John, Cameron & All:    (01)

I am currently interested in typed languages and the proof interpretation.    (02)

On 8/5/2010 8:12 AM, John F. Sowa wrote:
> Leo, Chris, and Jawit,
>
> If you map a strongly typed language like Z to CL with restricted
> quantifiers, the typing information is preserved, and the sentences
> can be mapped back to Z while preserving the typing.
>
> But the definition of strong typing varies from one language to
> another.  Some strongly typed languages allow some expressions
> that others would consider false.  In CL, all the type violations
> are syntactically correct, but false.
>    (03)

I also see that the extended syntax of CGIF, section B.3 in 24707,
provides for the option of a type label.    (04)

I've look around some, but haven't found relevant references yet. Would
you be able to provide a pointer to additional information on the use of
optional types in CGIF?    (05)

Also, Cameron great work on the Samian Platform and the CLIF validator.    (06)

I don't see optional types in 24707 Appendix A. Any plans for including
types in a future Samian release?    (07)

> John    (08)

Rick    (09)