[ontolog-forum] Proceedings - Ontolog Forum: "OWL 2: Tools & Application

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:38:10 -0700
I'm writing to let everyone know that proceedings of today's Ontolog
Forum OWL 2 (session-2) event is now online.    (01)

This panel session was chaired by Professor Ian Horrocks (co-chair of
the W3C OWL 2 Working Group; University of Oxford). Professor Horrocks
brought together a panel of experts who presented some
state-of-the-art work under the general topic of "OWL 2: Tools and
Applications."  This excellent session was, again, very well attended.
To our panelists - Mr. Matthew Horridge (Manchester), Dr. Andreas
Harth (Karlsruhe), Dr. Timothy Redmond & Dr. Tania Tudorache
(Stanford), Dr. Evren Sirin (Clark & Parsia), Mr. Eric S. Chan & Dr.
Zhe Wu (OASIS-ICOM & Oracle) - as well as their colleagues who had
researched and developed the excellent work that were presented today,
we want to express our deepest appreciations.    (02)

The full proceedings - including agenda, abstracts, slides, audio
recording, transcript of the in-session chat, as well as the final
list of attendees/registrants are all online now, and can be accessed
from the session page on the OntologWiki at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2010_08_05    (03)

On behalf of the community, I would like to take the opportunity to
thank Professor Horrocks, once again, for the brilliant trilogy (the
July-22, July-29 and this Aug-5 sessions) that he has championed and
produced over the last three weeks at the Ontolog Forum. The knowledge
he has helped disseminate and the enthusiasm he has managed to
generate through these events, will no doubt, create a lasting impact
on the community and the field. Thanks to him, and to all who
participated in making the work available, the archives of these
sessions, represent another key contribution to the collective body of
knowledge that this community is building together.    (04)

I would also like to thank everyone who joined us. Today's
presentations were so rich, so interesting and so informative, that no
one wanted to cut them short. We ended up not being able to feature
the open discussion segment as planned. As mentioned at the end of the
session, we will defer that to the [ontolog-forum] discussion list.
Therefore, if there were questions or remarks you were planning to
bring up, please go ahead and raise them by replying to this thread,
or start a new subject, as appropriate.    (05)

Sincerely.  =ppy    (06)

for and on behalf of the
ONTOLOG co-conveners,    (07)

 Peter Yim
 Leo Obrst
 Kurt Conrad    (08)

P.S. watch our [ontolog-invitation] list for further announcements of
Ontolog events that may be of interest, or browse the listing under
the "News & Announcements" section at our Ontolog WikiHomePage (at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW ) for our
upcoming community events.    (09)

We also invite you to check out the archives of noteworthy past Ontolog events.
They are listed under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ
--     (010)