Re: [ontolog-forum] SemTech trip report?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:17:30 -0700
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter Yim wrote Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:46 AM PDT:
>> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:

>http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR_presentations_publications/OOR-SemTech_Jun2010.pdf

>>> [KI]  Peter,
>>>
>>> Is a slideshare upload a possibility re. your presentation?
>>>
>>> Certainly broadens the audience amongst other goodies like being able to
>>> break the presentation up into bits of structured linked data :-)
>>>
>>> Examples of what's possible:
>>>
>>> 1. http://bit.ly/a7Gi7n -- transforming a slideshare presentation
>>> (notice  seeAlso links)
>>> 2. http://bit.ly/aSAM2t -- different view with route to other
>>> presentations that are instances of bibo:SlideShow
>>> 3. http://bit.ly/arG1dU -- collection of presentations from slideshare
>>> (yours will be there too if you upload to slideshare).
>>>
>>> BTW - nice meeting you in person, finally :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Kingsley Idehen
>>> President & CEO
>>> OpenLink Software
>>> Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
>>> Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>>> Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen    (02)

>> [ppy]  Thanks you, Kingsley ... Nice!
>>
>> I can certainly upload the OOR slides to slideshare (I'll find the
>> time to do it within the next week or so, and will let you know when
>> I'm done.)
>>
>> The challenge, however, is not in doing it in a one-off manner, but to
>> systematically do it across our entire repertoire. Martin Hepp has
>> demonstrated wonderful possibilities for the contents (utilizing some
>> slideshare capabilities) as well (ref.
>> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_10_16#nid2ERD
>> ), which would be great to have too ...  but would require additional
>> efforts. ... Anyone interested to provide volunteer support to realize
>> some of these possibilities are welcome! ... [Please respond to this
>> message or email me off-line.]    (03)

> [KI]  If you can designate a URL for these presentations I can certainly
> look into giving them the slideshare treatment.
>
> Note: original format is better than PDF (if possible) otherwise,
> slideshare becomes best route for transforming the PDFs. Note slideshare
> also supports bulk uploads.
>
> If we use standard tags, I can easily Find and then transform the
> presentations into Linked Data graphs etc..
>
> Kingsley    (04)

[ppy]  Thanks, Kingley.    (05)

The OOR presentation we did at SemTech is
at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR_presentations_publications/OOR-SemTech_Jun2010.pdf    (06)

You might also take a look under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ
(to see what else is in store)    (07)

The enhancements, as exemplified in Martin Hepp's example, ares more
than trivial (he sync'd the slides to the audio, and enabled automatic
slide advances on slideshare), and is more involved than a bulk
upload. We can, of course, be less ambitious.    (08)

We - you, I and whoever else wants to volunteer to help with this, and
future adaptation of our event archives into linked open data - should
best take the conversation offline (and report back later).    (09)

Best regards.  =ppy
--    (010)