Re: [ontolog-forum] SemTech trip report?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:48:37 -0400
Peter Yim wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
>> Peter Yim wrote Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM PDT:

>>> [ppy] Thanks, John.
>>>
>>> Mike Dean, Todd Schneider and I presented on the Open Ontology
>>> Repository Initiative (with the presentation co-authored by Ken
>>> Baclawski, Mike Dean, Todd Schneider and Peter Yim) entitled "Finding
>>> a Good Ontology: The Open Ontology Repository Initiative."
>>>
>>> The talk was well received. We had an engaging Q&A segment and more
>>> dialog with the participants right after the session.
>>>
>>> The slides are now online
>>> at:
>http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR_presentations_publications/OOR-SemTech_Jun2010.pdf
>>>
>>> We would like to thank the entire OOR team and all those who had
>>> contributed to the OOR effort and the content in this presentation.
>>>

>>> Best regards.  =ppy
>>> --
>>>

>> [KI]  Peter,
>>
>> Is a slideshare upload a possibility re. your presentation?
>>
>> Certainly broadens the audience amongst other goodies like being able to
>> break the presentation up into bits of structured linked data :-)
>>
>> Examples of what's possible:
>>
>> 1. http://bit.ly/a7Gi7n -- transforming a slideshare presentation
>> (notice  seeAlso links)
>> 2. http://bit.ly/aSAM2t -- different view with route to other
>> presentations that are instances of bibo:SlideShow
>> 3. http://bit.ly/arG1dU -- collection of presentations from slideshare
>> (yours will be there too if you upload to slideshare).
>>
>> BTW - nice meeting you in person, finally :-)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen
>> President & CEO
>> OpenLink Software
>> Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
>> Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>> Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen
>>

> [ppy]  Thanks you, Kingsley ... Nice!
>
> I can certainly upload the OOR slides to slideshare (I'll find the
> time to do it within the next week or so, and will let you know when
> I'm done.)
>
> The challenge, however, is not in doing it in a one-off manner, but to
> systematically do it across our entire repertoire. Martin Hepp has
> demonstrated wonderful possibilities for the contents (utilizing some
> slideshare capabilities) as well (ref.
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_10_16#nid2ERD
> ), which would be great to have too ...  but would require additional
> efforts. ... Anyone interested to provide volunteer support to realize
> some of these possibilities are welcome! ... [Please respond to this
> message or email me off-line.]
>       (01)

If you can designate a URL for these presentations I can certainly look
into giving them the slideshare treatment.    (02)

Note: original format is better than PDF (if possible) otherwise,
slideshare becomes best route for transforming the PDFs. Note slideshare
also supports bulk uploads.    (03)

If we use standard tags, I can easily Find and then transform the
presentations into Linked Data graphs etc..    (04)

Kingsley

> Thanks & regards.  =ppy
> --

>       (05)