Re: [ontolog-forum] SemTech trip report?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:17:10 -0400
Peter Yim wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:49 AM, John F. Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 6/28/2010 7:34 PM, David Eddy wrote:
>>
>>> Any useful comments/observations from last week's SemTech conference?
>>>
>> There were a fair number of subscribers to Ontolog Forum who attended
>> and/or presented talks at the conference.  After the conference, I
>> updated the slides for my tutorial to clarify some points in response
>> to various questions:
>>
>>    http://www.jfsowa.com/talks/iss.pdf
>>    Integrating Semantic Systems
>>
>> I would encourage other people who participated in the conference
>> to send in their observations and/or pointers to their slides.
>>
>> John Sowa
>>

> Thanks, John.
>
> Mike Dean, Todd Schneider and I presented on the Open Ontology
> Repository Initiative (with the presentation co-authored by Ken
> Baclawski, Mike Dean, Todd Schneider and Peter Yim) entitled "Finding
> a Good Ontology: The Open Ontology Repository Initiative."
>
> The talk was well received. We had an engaging Q&A segment and more
> dialog with the participants right after the session.
>
> The slides are now online
> at:
>http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR_presentations_publications/OOR-SemTech_Jun2010.pdf
>
> We would like to thank the entire OOR team and all those who had
> contributed to the OOR effort and the content in this presentation.
>

> Best regards.  =ppy
> --

Peter,    (01)

Is a slideshare upload a possibility re. your presentation?    (02)

Certainly broadens the audience amongst other goodies like being able to
break the presentation up into bits of structured linked data :-)    (03)

Examples of what's possible:    (04)

1. http://bit.ly/a7Gi7n -- transforming a slideshare presentation
(notice  seeAlso links)
2. http://bit.ly/aSAM2t -- different view with route to other
presentations that are instances of bibo:SlideShow
3. http://bit.ly/arG1dU -- collection of presentations from slideshare
(yours will be there too if you upload to slideshare).    (05)

BTW - nice meeting you in person, finally :-)    (06)

Regards,    (08)

Kingsley Idehen
President & CEO
OpenLink Software