Re: [ontolog-forum] Cultural variation in cognitive machinery

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:17:03 -0400
Ali,    (01)

All those references support the point I was trying to make, and if
you believe that they support your point, then I doubt that we have
any serious disagreement.    (02)

I'll repeat the first two lines of my last response:    (03)

JFS> Trading opinions about poorly defined terms that various people
 > interpret in different ways is never going to converge.    (04)

The questions about nature vs. nurture and the influence of culture
and language have been debated in the literature of psychology,
linguistics, and anthropology for the past century.    (05)

Those are fascinating topics, but we're not going to resolve them
in this forum.  It's better to focus on specific examples that
are relevant to logic, ontology, and knowledge representation.    (06)