Re: [ontolog-forum] Inventor of the Web Gets Backing to Build Web of Dat

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:41:28 -0700 (PDT)
Dr. Sowa,

With all due respect:

I agree that google launched a successful product and is making billions.   So did Microsoft!   But those students or techies who are slogging in those product companies were educated in those universities that had few hundred or couple of million dollars in research funding..

Federal government let go of $32B in taxes for Citigroup for 2009!   I was sitting and thinking about what an university could do with that kind of money... 32 billion dollars!  It is a rich man's game!  So what is $32m compare to $32 Billion!

Government spends money in many ways... some of them of use and some of them ... well...  flushing down the toilet..

But when government spends money on educational institute and scientific research, it is never a waste. In fact, it is a vested in interest in humanity...

Regards,
Pavithra