Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontologist Aptitude Test?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 09:53:49 -0500
Joel,    (01)

A recent document appeared on the WWW today, which may help to
clarify those points:    (02)

 >> ... we've been doing software (creating 1,000s of languages in the
 >> process) for about 50 years & still have no widely accepted means
 >> of measuring it.
 >
JB> ... Yet every one of the ways of measuring software performance has
 > been successful in its own right for building a foundation of
 > something to improve.    (03)

Following is the document (but check it for Jan 5, since it changes
every day):  http://www.dilbert.com/fast/    (04)

The text without the graphics:    (05)

Pointy-Haired Boss:  "Maybe somebody can help you quantify your
    research and development work."    (06)

Dilbert:  "The only people who can quantify research are liars
    and morons."    (07)

PHB:  "Maybe we could hire a consultant."    (08)

Dilbert:  "That just turns a liar into a thief."    (09)