Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontologist Aptitude Test?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joel Bender <jjb5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:34:02 -0500
Jeffrey,    (01)

In reference to building an Ontologist Body of Knowledge, you wrote about this
as a topic:    (02)

> - Training or skill in general systems theory.    (03)

Could you expand on this a little?  What is it about general systems theory
that you could learn?  As I look at this list:    (04)

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_types_of_systems_theory>    (05)

And the comment at the top, "...are all explicitly named systems theor[ies] and
represent an own unique conceptual framework in a specific field of science."    (06)

I am wondering what of the general theory they have in common, and are there
any of those theories that would be particularly pertinent to an OBoK?    (07)

Joel    (08)