[ontolog-forum] multidimensional surfaces

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:57:36 +0000 (GMT)

Ravi,

On relevance ranking

Since your question concerns document retrival, in particular the content analysis of each record by using a combination of various indicators, my answer is “NO”. If you do not record such relations in your database, obviously you cannot retrieve anything by those terms.

On semantic distance

Again your question is on F-measure and an approach to database processing that are collections that are not designed or structured along the the use of FO concepts, especially not the set that I consider suitable. So my answer is again NO.

But if you are ever ready to think different and go by slogans such as “starting all over”, then we may be able to chat in a more synchronized fashion, agreeing on points step by step. It is easy to sync emotions by listening to the same piece of music, will by attending the same ritual or rites, including an athletic event. But to synchronize thinking we need to audit what is available in writing by transforming them in the course of semantic analysis, which as it is clear from IS, a measure to apply to propositions not to check for truth, relevance, precision and recall, but a number of other values or properties that are also available for evaluation, with reality as number one factor

Ferenc