Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology modules and namespaces

To: ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'[ontolog-forum]'" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:18:54 -0700 (PDT)
Dr. Sowa..

There is this W3C  standard for semantics  -  RDF / OWL2 ... XML ..   the whole list

Then there is this traditional  web developement and applications that use .Net, ASP  and Java suite etc with different data bases,  relational and Object Oriented..   World has moved from html to normal applications..  ( you can do your taxes online. so it does have processing power..)

These days, all the database engines provide  RDF datastores( how well it works.. do not know  yet..)  Well, Oracle said that they provide RDF datstores and they have a lot of GIS/GPS clients using them..

My questions are
Will RDF be the future standard, will it stay?
If so,  Will standard Ontology be stories as RDF.?  Not as ERD or Oject Diagrams.. and what not..

If that works well,  people can develop thier application using RDF as datastore and .. be consistant ??

Pavithra