Re: [ontolog-forum] memory loss

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:41:24 +0100

John

But instead of viewing JSON as an opportunity, they view it as
a threat.  Somebody who feels threatened will build a fortress
around their encampment.  They are blind to new opportunities.

I looked up JSON+rdf yesterday and found several references to possible mappings

Have not done in depth research to understand the status. I would need to have/do a
comparison of the features/advantages/disadvantages to understand if/how the two fit together

From what I understand , what you say - the semantic web - is already resulting from multiple
technologies, W3C recommendations being some of them. it's good to discuss the benefits and risks of all of them

So what I am saying for JSON /Google semantic model to develop, there is no need to develop/implement/recommend anything?

Are you saying that JSON should be 'acknowledged' by the W3C?

Semantic capabilities can and are indeed reached in various ways, possibly having made such
recommendations (good or bad) I expect the W3C priority now is 'make them work', hence the
sense of importance.

So first I would ask ' is that really so?'  Are you sure? What discussions/references do you have
that say so? (havent seen anything that I remember on the public lists, but again I am good at ignorning things
I dont understand immediately)

And if so, I would ask  'why '? Is that because the way W3C operates? do the people who form the workgroups
have a bias? are they short of resources? other interests? preferences? opinions?
Have you proposed a workgroup to that effect? Has it been rejected? Are there other priorities?

Just thinking, I feel there are a lot of good energy wasted in expressing frustration